North Carolina Jaycees Semi-Annual Conventions
The North Carolina Jaycees holds two conferences per year in North Carolina. We typically have a Year-End Convention in January/February and a Mid-Year Convention in July/August. The locations of these conventions vary, but are always held in North Carolina & typically at a hotel with meeting and banquet space. These conferences are a great place for socializing, networking, obtaining training..all of this with the goal of shaping the future of our organization.
Conventions are also where we recognize outstanding local programs, officers and individual members. Find award nomination forms in our Documents Library.
2018 Year-End Convention: Friday, Feb. 1-Sunday, Feb. 3, 2019
Embassy Suites by Hilton – Greensboro Airport
204 Centreport Drive
Greensboro, NC 27409
Full Registration Includes:
- Saturday Luncheon
- Saturday Evening Awards Banquet
- Training Sessions and Meetings
- Competitions: Speak-Up, Write-Up and Debate
- …and more!
- $80 FULL Early Registration (through Jan. 14)
- $95 Late FULL Registration (until Jan. 28)
- $45 Training & Saturday Lunch ONLY (until Jan. 28) – open to current and prospective members age 40 and under
- $55 Saturday Night Only (includes Awards Ceremony & Dinner)
Hotel room block and group rate expires Jan. 11, 2019. Group Code: YEC
Other Conventions You Can Attend
As a Jaycee, you are part of a global network of active young citizens. Members are encouraged to take advantage of opportunities to travel and network nationally and internationally. With these affordable trips, you can learn valuable skills and forge life-long connections with Jaycees from other parts of the U.S. and the world.
Some of these opportunities are:
- Conventions and meetings held by other state organizations
- JCI USA major conferences each spring and fall. National events have taken place in Denver, Las Vegas, Detroit and other major cities. Learn more about national meetings here.
- Junior Chamber International five major conferences each year, including Area Conferences in Africa/Middle East, Europe and Asia/Pacific. In 2019, the Conference of the Americas takes place in Argentina. The JCI World Congress will be in Tallinn, Estonia. Learn more about international opportunities here.
- Summits focusing on national programs like Nothing But Nets and Peace is Possible
- Leadership Training University
Past State Conventions
- 2018 Year-End Convention Awards & Honors
- 2018 Mid-Year Convention Awards & Honors
- 2017 Year-End Convention Awards & Honors